Virgin Hair is one of the most requested type of hair extensions, because of the quality that it carries. Virgin Hair is chemically unprocessed hair from a single donor. It's a bundle of hair that was cut straight off from a donors ponytail and has not been treated with any sort of chemicals such as, acid, bleach or perm. Need more information about Virgin Hair? Continue reading....
How Long Can I Use Virgin Hair?
With proper care,Virgin Hair will last well over a year. See below on proper ways to care for Virgin Hair:
- Shampoo at least once a week.
- Use styling products minimally to avoid buildup.
- For wavy and curly hair use bottled distilled water for a natural look.
- To maintain a fresh curly look, we highly recommend that you mix leave-in conditioner & water in a small spray bottle.
- When combing, always start from the bottom of your hair extensions first and work your way up.
- Always brush your hair before going to bed. Always use a wide tooth brush or comb and gently brush the hair while holding it down with your other hand to prevent unnecessary tension and pulling.
- Before shampooing your hair, always detangle it. Always wash your hair gently in a downward motion using your fingers. Do not scrub or bunch hair together as this will cause the cuticles to open up and rub against each other which would then cause tangling.
- Always condition your hair with a moisturizing conditioner. This alone will make a huge difference.
- Every 4 times or so you wash your hair, add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to your shampoo water, apple cider vinegar will clarify, add shine and remove buildup from your hair
- You can also condition wash your virgin hair, this means skipping the shampoo and using your conditioner just like you would your shampoo.
- If possible, be patient with your virgin hair weave and let it air dry after washing it.
- Apply a small amount of coconut, almond or argan oil 2 to 3 times per week as required.
- Avoid alcohol-based products for your hair as alcohol is very drying to the hair.
- Moisturize your hair as needed with high-quality leave in moisturizers and conditioners.
- Never sleep with a wet hair. Always ensure that your hair is completely dry before you go to bed.
What is Raw Virgin Hair?
Raw Virgin Hair extensions has not been altered through a steaming or chemical process. With Raw Virgin Hair not being altered in anyway this type of hair would last longer that Virgin Hair and is the most purest and most highest quality extensions on the market.
What is the "Steaming Process" for Virgin Hair?
When Virgin Hair extensions go through a steaming process it is to create a specific texture such as Body Wave, Silky Straight, Deep Wave, Loose Wave, Yaki Straight, Kinky Curly, Jerry Curly, Natural Wave, Water Wave, & Funmi Curl.
The hair weft is hand-rolled onto really small rollers (depending on the texture desired).This process takes at least 3-4 hours depending on the length and curl pattern desired.This rolling process is done by hand. After the rollers are applied to the weft, it is placed onto a steam processing machine. Steam and pressure are applied to the hair for several hours to permanently set the curl pattern. Since there are no chemicals used in this process, the hair remains Virgin with a beautiful new curl pattern.
Can Curly and Wavy Virgin Hair Be Straighten?
Yes. Curly and Wavy Virgin Hair can be straighten and will also turn back into it's original curl/wavy pattern after shampooing and conditioning. Some of the deep wave or wavy patterns may be challenging to straighten because the curl/wavy pattern is so deep and it will take a long time. To make the process a bit easier use a hair dryer with a concentrated nozzle attached to the end to blow dry your Virgin Hair. The concentrated nozzle helps to smooth and flatten the hair cuticle, leaving the hair luscious and giving you less straightening work to do afterwards. Once your hair extensions is completely dry, separate it into 1- to 2-inch sections and begin to flat iron the hair. Start by placing the root of the hair section into the flat iron and slowly moving it down the hair. Repeat the process with the section if necessary and continue the same process over the rest of the weave.For better results be sure to wash your extensions prior to straightening. It is very important that you use a quality heat protective agent on your hair to prevent damaging.
Where can I purchase quality Virgin Hair?